Saturday, March 03, 2007

Almost Done!



Almost done! Fingers are there, thumb has been made (with all sorts of mistakes...) and now I'm on to the mitten part - the ribbing is finished and I'm almost done!!!! I can't wait until I can give them to Adam and prove that yes, I can finish something I start in a reasonable amount of time. I'm just not looking forward to taking care of all of the loose ends... at least I'll be able to cover up a few of my mistakes then!

Next time I pick a pattern for gloves I have to remember to check that both the right and left hands are explained. I got through making the right one, but with a bit of guessing and they're not quite the same. When i told Adam they had a few mistakes his response was "that's ok, it'll remind me that they were made for me and not just bought at a store." Could a knitter ask for a better guy?!?




This is out my door wall on Thursday. You can't really tell, but in the center of the greenish blob (which is actually a bunch of trees) there's a kind of red blob. The red blob is the most beautiful cardinal. It flew in as I was on the phone with Adam, and as I was whispering to him about it he commented that I sounded like "girl versus backyard" since we've recently become a little obsessed with the Discovery channel show Man Vs. Wild.

Anyway, have a great weekend!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: