Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Yahoo!!


This may not look like much, however it is the beginning of my middle school lunch time knitting club! Today I went to the Ben Franklin near the school and just asked the owner if they would be willing to donate anything and she gave me 3 balls of cotton yarn. Then the lady standing at the counter said that she had all sorts of needles that she didn't use any more and that she'd be willing to give some of them to me!!!

So I went to this great lady's house (where I saw two of the most amazing quilts - one with 48 pieces in each square and another that was made out of neck ties) and she dug out 8 needles to donate to us! Only 5 more pairs to go!!

The kids are all asking when we start, they seem pretty jazzed about the idea. I hope at least half stick with it. I can't wait!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I'd be happy to donate some yarn and needles for the cause. Send me an email (elevenstitches at gmail dot com) :)