Sunday, March 18, 2007

Long time, no see!

Wow, it's been busy this week! My band went to our state competition this weekend, and received top honors! They were really amazing, I was so very proud. And what made me even happier was to have my mentor come up, give me a hug, and tell me that couldn't be prouder of me. The school I teach in can be a tough place, and to show the students that they can be some of the top musicians in the state is just great! I'm so happy!




In knitting news, I've reached the arm hole shaping in the deep v sweater - not that you can really tell in the picture. I've made a few little mistakes, but nothing that I couldn't solve easily. Overall, I'm happy so far, but I think next time, I will convert the pattern so that I can knit it on circulars. I just can't wait to get it done so I can wear it!


















Also, I've lifted my self imposed ban on starting new projects to begin this lovely basket-weave baby blanket. It's just in simple Peaches and Cream cotton, but for Michigan summers it will work nicely. My mom's boss's daughter just had a baby, so my mom asked me to make something. I'm going to see if I can actually finish a baby blanket that I start. (I have this bad habit of starting projects and never finishing them).

Speaking of never finishing things, I found the socks that I started last year. I'm realizing that I'm a much better knitter this year than last, and found a major mistake in the heel of the first sock. Well, I've fixed it in the second, but now the socks won't match. Oh well...

One last note on my middle school knitting club - it's going so well! I've got 10 students knitting so far (5 of them are boys!) and somewhere between 7 and 10 more waiting to join. We try to add one more each day so that each kid can get a really good start. The kids are even starting to help each other at it. One took her project home this weekend to see how much more she could get done. It's so great! It's only about 15 minutes every day at lunch, but they are so pumped to come down to my room and learn to knit! For me, it's such a great pick me up in the middle of the day. And a huge thank you to eleven stitched for offering to donate to the knitting group - it will come in so hand!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

P.S. I get married 5 months from yesterday!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: