Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The reason for the name change


Here is the blanket that I showed everyone last week. The day after this post I decided that the blanket wasn't really going the way that I wanted it to. The ivory colored parts were raised, a little like a bubble. Besides that, the back was an absolute mess. So I ripped it out, as I have a tendency to do (several times) before I actually settle on a project. So, back to the drawing board on this one.


Then, I saw a mitered square blanket over at januaryone and I decided that maybe this would be a good idea. So, I made the squares a little smaller, and started with the Peaches and Cream Yarn that I had bought for the first blanket. Soon, I figured out that a blanket that was all ivory and white squares would not be nearly as exciting as it could be if I added pink to it. So, off to the local store to pick up some more cotton yarn in various shades of pink. The squares above are the product of this idea. There are seven of them, and while I love them, I was struck by an idea. This is my mom's, bosses daughter. She might think it's a little strange to get a hand knit baby blanket from someone she hardly knows. Nice but a little weird. So, while I love these, I think I'm going to save them.


Thus, this little, pink, ribbed circle and the new name for the blog. I realized this morning that I do this with just about every project that I knit. I begin either that project, or something similar and then rip it out several times before I finally decide that I've got it right, or am knitting just the right thing. So, the more appropriate title for the blog. Hope you find my adventures in frogging back projects can amuse everyone as much as they do my fiance!

Just wondering, does anyone else do this?

Also, the middle school knitting club got a wonderful, amazing donation of yarn and needles from eleven stitches. It was so great - she even sent along 2 balls of bamboo yarn which the 7th and 8th graders were endlessly fascinated with. Thank you so very much!!!

Spring has finally hit Michigan and has brought not only higher temps but also the loudest crickets I've ever heard. It's such a great sound! Becky (my dog) just stands on my back porch (if you can call the 5 x 5 cement slab a porch) staring out into the darkness trying to figure out what is making the racket!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: